Friday, August 20, 2010

oohhh eemmm ggeeee

What a week it was. I have the most homework in the whole wide world. I'm going a bit insane. But even though I have so much to do, it hasn't stopped me from having a little fun. Yesterday made my whole entire week. If you haven't seen on facebook already, Kinsey and I happened upon the premiere of Going the Distance with Drew Barrymore and Justin Long. We had to go back to the movie theatre that was the street next to it because Kinsey forgot her ipod in it when we watch a British indie film earlier that afternoon. We had to wait till another movie got out so we went and waited where everyone else was thinking "well maybe we'll get to see Drew Barrymore and Justin Long". Not only did Kinsey get her ipod back an hour later but only a half hour after that did the actors show up. We were right where they drove in and they came back to where we were after being dropped off a little ways off. It was insane. I video taped and Kinsey took pictures. I was closer than arms distance from them. I hate to be a crazy star struck person, but I was not planning on that when I woke up that morning. And it was so cool.
The movie that we saw that afternoon was called Four Lions. And I hated it. It was the darkest comedy I have ever seen. The movie was funny, but it was like "I shouldn't laugh at this". Some parts were genuinely funny, but at the end of the movie I felt so uneasy. It was about these four guys trying to be terrorist bombers and get a fast track to heaven. Every group of people were portrayed as stupid. The bombers, the police both. The main character that had some sense was the one that wanted to die the most and he had a wife and kid. All the guys end up blowing themselves up in the end and I just walked away thinking "What the heck were they trying to say with that movie?" People said it was realistic and I'm like how do you know that is realistic? Are you saying that the Muslims that aren't as strict really do want to be "martyrs" cause I really hope that's not true. The one thing I could see as a message was that it was ironic that the police ended up taking into custody the Muslims that looked like Muslims (the long beard and hat), and they were the pacifist Muslims. I just really didn't like it.
But again that was redeemed with seeing Drew Barrymore and Justin Long later that day. haha.
Also last night after all that Laurel, Kinsey and I went to tesco and bought milk and oreos (kinsey already had peanutbutter) and ate them whilst watching the Parent Trap. It was wonderful and horrible.
Now back to homework. I have read a play and written two play write ups. I have to read another play, part of Great Expectation, parts of Beowulf, an intro and answer some questions, and write one more write up on a play. Yeah. oh and tomorrow I need to go to a place that has colonization information.
So little time, so much to do. I'd rather spend my day with you. (some mk&a theme song for you there). here's drew.

1 comment: