Saturday, August 14, 2010

It was magical.


I just got back from running around in the forest with Oberon, Puck and the whole crew. We went all the way out to Cockfoster to go and see A Midsummer Night's Dream in a park. But in this play you walked from place to place as the scenes went on. So after the beginning the small audience is pretty much following Helena as she follows Demetrius, who is searching for Hermia and Lysander. All the while stopping and seeing scenes unfold. When we emerged out of the forest area we walked into the field at dusk with it covered with mist. It was like emerging from a dream. It was beautiful, fantastical, and magical. The mist on the field with a few trees made me think Mr. Darcy was going to come up any moment and say "You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you." The play was hilarious and so well done. I have seen two polar opposite kinds of plays in two nights and both were the best plays I have ever seen. It's almost like well I think I've seen it all, time to go home. I really can't imagine seeing multiple plays every week from here on. It's amazing. I am so blessed to be here.

On a less exciting note, but still cool- we got to tour Parliament this morning. It was really interesting to begin to understand how the government works here and the history that goes with it. It is Saturday today too, so that meant lunch at Lee Abbey. I think it was the best meal yet, but I was also really hungry. Tomorrow we are going to church at St Barnabas, which is just about a 15 or so min walk from here.
I'm seriously just so happy still from that play. What a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment