Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello. yes we are incredibly cramped on this tube. Yes I am reading over your shoulder.


I have noticed that the most common past time on the tube is reading. Whether it's the paper or a novel of your own, most people are reading. Also many times, people are really crammed in at certain times. So since I haven't yet started bringing my own book- I read other peoples. Once I read a couple pages of twilight with a middle aged asian man, who I think may have had a cover over the title (I would if I were him too). Yesterday I had the paper on one side of me and a book about the Buddha's view on love on the other. Needless to say I was quite educated on that tube ride. We were sitting down then too, so I'm pretty sure they noticed that I was reading over their shoulder. I wonder what they were thinking. They didn't move so I assume they didn't care, but if they didn't care I think they should have moved the book/paper over a bit so I didn't have to crane my neck.
Also last night there was nothing to do. Well there is always something to do, but after going on a tour of BBC and listening to a minister talk about politics for a couple hours we were tired. What resulted in that tiredness may or may have not been an a Capella that sang Stand By Me and Beautiful Girl simultaneously-while dressed up in funny hats with drawn on mustaches. Yes we did tape this, and yes, I did put it on face book.
The tour of BBC was really cool to see, though one of our tour guides was a bit of a Westminster Crabby (yes that is a joke from Winning London). He seemed to not like Americans that much. But then again he did tell us the story of J Lo having to be driven across little court yard place with the fountain to her room. Only the queen and J Lo have done that. I told him, "but she is still Jenny from the Bronx". Apparently she has been fooled by the rocks that she's got (or locks..both make sense).
Today I recorded Laurel being a tour guide in the Natural History Museum for her project, then we went to Tescos and got lunch and ate that said lunch while watching What A Girl Wants- another very fitting movie. I started back up on my gossip girl watching again today. Once you start you can't stop, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment