Monday, August 16, 2010

And so it begins

Today was the first day of classes. Just going through the basics pretty much, but classes are a lot longer here, because at the most they are only two days a week and we have a shorter semester. Needless to say Intro to theatre was painfully long (2hrs 15min long).
Note to self: take some sort of snack or at least a water bottle to class so you stay awake.
But we had to get on the tube and go to the Learning Institute of Contemporary Christianity. I thought that would be cool to be like real student and go somewhere to school, but it's kind of just a pain. But it's ok, it's right around a shopping area. That could be a good thing or a bad thing. I bought a head band for a pound today. And 12 post cards for only 95 pence. Now that's a deal. (granted some of them aren't that cool).
We also began a girls Bible study with our group tonight. It went really well, some people just shared their testimonies and we'll hear the rest next week. I think that will be a huge bonding part of the trip for us. It will make us way more open with each other and make us more like a family.
Tomorrow is my busy day. The only day of the week I have three classes. The rest I only have two. But I am looking forward to British writers: 1) cause it's with Carl, 2) we are having it in a Costa coffee shop in Tesco (which is like a Safeway)...and tesco has the best chocolate chip cookies. But Laurel and I decided to only have dessert three times a week. And I had it tonight. which means if I have it tomorrow I would have to wait all the way till Sunday (cause the good stuff is on Sunday). Oh no.

No comments:

Post a Comment