Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's not just the yellow ones that don't stop.

If I'm going to get injured while in London, or die here, it's going to be because I got hit by a car. Apparently pedestrians do NOT have the right a way. And let me tell you: those cars don't stop. I have a minor heart attack every time I cross the street. But it makes it exciting right? And it definitely keeps me from even being tempted to j walk. You wait for that little green guy! Not to mention Carl told us a few horror stories, one of him seeing a guy get hit and a bunch of him close lining people to save them. Though he is pretty tall so if he tries to close line me I'm pretty sure it would go over my head...or hit me in the face. But that's better than getting hit by a car. I now practically run across every crosswalk.
I had nothing to do today and yet it was a pretty productive day if I do say so myself. Laurel, Adilene and I went shopping this morning after breakfast. We went up to high street (where most of the shops are in Kensington) Laurel and I bough a planner, which I will use. I will, I will, I will. (I tend to buy planners and never look and them..and then forget things). I bought a really cute journal from Oxfam (a fairtrade store that the proceeds go to help different things. Like my journal helps women in Bengal). I bought one because I forgot (like I tend to do..hence the planner) that we have to journal every day for our British experience class and Carl checks to make sure we do, so I don't really want to use my devotional journal for that. We then went to shop for a bag for me and comfy shoes for Laurel. I was in luck and found a nice bigger purse that I can take to my classes not at Lee Abbey and to museums and stuff. It would be a pain to always have to take my big back pack. Unfortunately we didn't find Laurel shoes, but did look in a TK Maxx (equivalent to TJ Maxx) and learned the difference in UK shoes sizes (they are three sizes smaller than ours. So I would be a 3 1/2 instead of a 6 1/2). Now that was all done by noon. So we went back home, got some homework and set out for Caffe Nero with some others in tow now too. Did some h dub, drank some coffee, got lunch at the convenient store across the street, and then came back for a nice nap (Laurel and I weren't feeling well). Unfortunately I still wasn't feeling well after dinner so I stayed behind as Kinsey and some others went to Central London, but Laurel gave me some antiacid so I feel alright now. I'm going to attempt to get organized by writing more things in my planner and then maybe do some reading. I may not have class yet, but I could definitely spend a day or so doing just homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment