Monday, July 26, 2010

Venezia

The trip was a long one but we made it. The ten hour flight to London was spent watching two movies and two tv shows (by the way if you haven't seen Date Night, watch it. It's hilarious) and one hour of sleep. Our connecting flight was in a different airport so we had to take a coach there. All day we ended up getting to the right place right on time, which was stressful at times but we never missed anything and didn't have to wait long either. The two hour flight to Venice went by really fast because by that time I was so tired it didn't matter how uncomfortable I was I slept.
We got to Venice and were welcomed with the lightening and rain. Because it is an island we had to take a "boat bus" that ended up taking an hour and a half because of all the stops, but we got a tour of the grand canal that way...granted it was dark and kinda creepy looking. If I was someone like Stuart I would have been on top of the boat with the driver taking pictures with the rain and lightning and all the cool buildings, but I didn't really want to get wet and had no desire to talk to or be next to the unfriendly Italian man.
We got off the boat grabbed our luggage (which is ridiculous because I have my huge bag for London and my book bag) and started looking for our hotel. I was excited to be able to use my jacket in a packet which was extremely handy. We asked for directions and were told we had to cross four bridges and then turn left. Which is all fine except the bridges had stairs...a good 25 steps up and down, and it was raining and we had my heavy luggage. We missed the left turn and ended up crossing about six bridges then turned around and went back two. All I had to say is it was like doing farmers walks with two thirty pound weights and a 20 lb sand bag on my back...which in a weird way made it not so miserable. Finally we got to the hotel which is a really cool old house turned into a hotel. Shower and sleep were the best things ever and we are now refreshed and ready to go get lost in Venice for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment