Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Arrivederci Venezia


Today was our last day in Venice so we did the typical tourist things. We went to the Docel's Palace and the Basilica in San Marco's Plaza. Both were beautiful in structure and had amazing paintings. We got to learn about all the Docels and about the leon de San Marco and then we got to see the treasure and "booty" that this church stole from Constantinople so they could be more "Christian"....But after all that I was done with the Plaza. It was so crowded. That is a picture from the balcony of the Basilica. (and I don't really think it does the crowd justice). We stopped on the way back to get something to eat and got to get away from the crowd. It was also the first time we had a meal that wasn't pasta or a sandwich and that was refreshing. The meat was so good. And then of course we had some gelatto afterward..I mean you're in Italy, come on. We then went back to the hotel and my mom and I crashed. I don't what Cindy did...she went and talked to the lady at the desk I think, figuring out what the best way to get on the train from here is. When we woke up I realized that we hadn't taken a gondola ride, which I think is something that should be done in Venice. So we went and since the little short ones just across the river were all closed we spent the money to take a long one. It was really nice and the view of the buildings from the water was so pretty. We also got to see where Casanova's house was.
Our water bus to the train leaves at 7:10 am tomorrow morning so it's going to be an early morning and then we're off to Lugano, Switzerland for the night.
Venice, it's been fun. Graci, Arrivederci.

No comments:

Post a Comment