Friday, September 3, 2010

Hampton Court Palace.



Today was a great day. I don't think I go to places enough on our free days. I usually just stay home and do homework all day..which is needed. But today Kinsey, Laurel, Jessica Griffin and I went to Hampton Court Palace and it was so fun! The gardens were definitely the best, but it was also fun to go around and look at the palace because we got to wear cool robes. haha. We went and ate at a eatery in one of the gardens and I had yummy soup, bread, and salad. Then of course we got some ice cream to continue our walk around the gardens and went through the maze (which we defeated quite easily if I say so myself). We also got to look at the Royal Tennis Courts, and saw some royals or friends of royals playing some tennis/squash.
If you ever go to Hampton Court Palace here is my suggestion (actually I think I suggest this for any garden):
Put you head phones in and put on a nice soundtrack on and explore God's wondrous creation.
I started on shuffle with my ipod, and right when I was gonna give up on that and just play it safe with some Gregory Alan Isakov, Bookends by Simon and Garfunkel came on. It was probably the perfect song for the garden we were in at the time.
After some sun bathing in the gardens and exploration we hopped back on the train to London. We went to The Scoop to watch Toad Hall- a little kids play that was free and counted as credit for a class. It was pretty ridiculous. We left early because we didn't want to miss dinner and we BARELY made it. We actually didn't make it, but the lady was nice enough to give us food. We literally ran every time we were not in the tube and ran without stopping (except when we stopped to cross the street) from Earl's Court to Lee Abbey....worked off that ice cream.
Tomorrow we go to Stratford Upon Avon as a group to see Julius Caesar and to eat good things at a tea room!

1 comment: