Sunday, September 21, 2014

That Chico Life.

Four weeks into getting my pre reqs done at Chico State while applying to the credential program- I feel as though I've been here forever and like I got here yesterday. It would be a lie to say I didn't miss San Diego in the worst way. But it would also be a lie to say that I have not been welcomed home by not only my family, but my brother in law's family in such a loving way.

I've never been super good with transitions, but who is really? But I've been talking to my friend Adilene, who is in Connecticut going to grad school, a lot and this transition for us has really made us realize how grateful we are for our church family in San Diego. The last year in San Diego was a time of being filled like I never have been before. Sure there were times that I got upset about whatever frustrating thing happened, but I felt a part of the strongest community I think I've ever had. We sing "fill us up, and send us out" so I guess that's what I got. Though I don't think I can say I feel like God "sent" me to Chico. It sounds pretentious to me. I'm not a pastor. I'm going to school here. But I know God filled me up before I came.

Looking for a community like the one I had is hard to find. And replacing the what I found in San Diego First Church of the Nazarene is impossible. But I'm looking for a new community. Not the same one, a new one. Not forgetting the people who loved me so well, and who I love so much. But finding new people to love. And I'm praying that God uses me while I'm here; that I'm sent out in some sort of way.

I'm beginning to observe in a high school English class at Chico High next week, and my professor is asking us to blog about our experiences. So instead of making a new blog, I'm just going to write in this one. Hope that's ok with you, Mom.




A few of my people in SD.

No comments:

Post a Comment