Friday, August 12, 2011

This Is Going To Be Explicit

August 20, 2011
"I feel like I have "TD", but we haven't even T'd yet."- was my probably infamous quote before we even got to LAX. Fortunately that has not been the case and on an 11hr 40 min flight to Munich I only got up to use the bathroom once. After traveling for 15 hrs we arrived in Kiev 25hrs later. The trip was long, but I slept a decent amount on the plane. We stayed at the Kiev Ministry Center/ Kiev First Church, where I stayed a couple nights three years ago. Dejavu. After showering and crawling onto the foam mattress to go to sleep 2hrs passed and a thunder/ lightening/ rain storm started. Needless to say I didn't sleep well last night. It's now 8:09 am and there's really no going back to sleep for me. This morning our tasks include looking through the 9 duffel bags of supplies we brought and deciding what to take to camp. We then eat lunch and have "orientation"- which is what Cliff Wright called it. He is one of the American missionaries here- I actually met him last time too. Around 4pm we hop n a 14hr- yes 14- train ride to camp. My expectations of the train ride come from my 12 hr Ukrainian train ride experience. Effing hot. But it will be an adventure. We arrive at 6 am and since the camp started yesterday all the kids will already be there. This going to be an exhausting trip, but I'm pretty excited. I'm also hungry so it's time to put something decent on and go eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment